Blogger of the Week is a line of posts I’m starting where I ask a blogger a couple questions about blogging, and about themselves. If you’d like to be a part of this, comment below. This week I’m interviewing the one-and-only Britt!!
1. When did you start blogging? I started blogging in October of 2011.
2. How did you start blogging? Well, I was watching Julie and Julia and I realized that she created a blog. I thought I could create a blog and encourage people so I just Googled “Create a blog” and it came up with Blogger first. I realized it was free and signed up for my blog!
3. Is there something/someone that encourages you to blog? God I guess would be my encouragement for blogging. He allows certain circumstances to come into my life that gives me the inspiration to write my posts.
4. What is your *reason* for blogging? my reason for blogging is to inspire, uplift, encourage and help others grow closer to God or accept Him as their Savior.
5. Do you have any tips for new bloggers? Hmm…leaving comments on others blogs really does help increase your page views and increases your followers. Also, using shorter posts helps keep readers interested. When posts are long I know I get bored and fail to read the whole thing. So I guess, leave comments (even if it is only a few words) and keep your posts short.
6. What is an inspiration for you, both in the blog world and in real life? An inspiration for me would probably be God, both in my blog life and real life. He is my inspiration to keep growing closer to Him and to keep growing each day. Also, another inspiration for me is music. That helps me to be encouraged and gets me through those hard times, I truly do not know what I would do without music in my life!
7. Describe your blog(s) in a couple words. Well, I have two blogs. My first one is Encouragement For Everyday Struggles.This blog is basically about encouragement and things that I am going through. It ranges from spiritual thoughts, music videos, and just my personal thoughts and feelings with Bible verses and spiritual aspects involved into them. My other blog is called Designed to Inspire. This blog is pretty much all about being creative and using your talents. It includes design challenges, photo challenges and stuff like that. I also do blog designs (and blog buttons) for free on there too.
8. What do you want to do in the future, both in the blog world and in real life? In the real world I would like to become a graphic designer when I get older. For blogging I would like to help inspire others and encourage others through my blog.
9. Is there something you encourage bloggers *not* to do? Hmm…the only thing I can think of is maybe not to include a music playlist on their blog. Something that I have found to be distracting and annoying when I visit a blog is when they have music on their blog. And normally I’m listening to music while I’m looking through blogs, so it makes it distracting to go all the way to the bottom of the page to pause their music. But that is the only thing I can think of off the top of my head.
10. Can you give me links to your blog(s)? Yeah, here are the links to my two blogs…..
Thank you for doing this, Britt!!! Your answers are wonderful, you are wonderful, and I loved having you take part of this post!!!
Again, if you would like to be interviewed for Blogger of the Week, comment below with your email (or I can do it without email if email’s not an option for you, but email is easier) and I’d love to have you take part!