This week, Sierra is here with me! Thanks, Sierra, for being a part of this post!
1. When did you start blogging? I started blogging in September 2009. I started off kinda slow, but by 2010 I was blogging for real I guess you would say :P
2. How did you start blogging? My mom started a blog and thought I would like it. I did and soon made a couple friends and discovered how cool it was to have friends through email and blogging…some from across the world!
3. Is there something/someone that encourages you to blog? Hmmm…people like Jessica and Ms. Raquel and Maya definitely make me want to have a better blog. And I want to spread the news that God loves and forgives everyone and that girls of all types are so very beautiful, even if they don’t know it. That is what makes me want to blog for a reason…however blogging a ton of pictures and random-ness is fun too :)
4. What is your *reason* for blogging? Well I want to get the message out that God is awesome and that all girls are beautiful, no matter what they think.
5. Do you have any tips for new bloggers? Semi long posts, that means not to long that it takes 3 minutes to read but not to short so it only takes 30 seconds. Lots of pictures and commenting a lot can bring you followers. When your blog comes up you want it to look interesting, so have a variety when you post. Also, make sure that your blog design isn’t to distracting and that you can read your type of font. Sometimes, the background is like bright orange and the font IS pretty but hard to read, or the font color is too bright and I might have to highlight it. Make sure that it is easy to read what you wrote. Getting a second opinion can help too!
6. What is an inspiration for you, both in the blog world and in real life? Posts that have just amazing words in them. Girls like Jessica and Maya just have wonderful posts that are so poetic. That inspires me and just pictures that you can base an entire post around. They make me happy words and pictures that go together. In real life picture perfect moments, the right verse or song and an idea from something I see inspires me. Life is inspiring, don’t you think?
7. Describe your blog(s) in a couple words. They’re fun, explaining me, cute and slightly random. Hopefully inspiring.
8. What do you want to do in the future, both in the blog world and in real life? I do want to improve on some things on my blogs, but I want to write ones that move you and make you want to do something after you read them. I want to write a book, encourage others, get married to a wonderful man that has been handpicked by my Savior and just grow in my relationship with my Heavenly Father.
9. Is there something you encourage bloggers *not* to do? Don’t use un-whole words. Please stop with the lols, btws, and so on. Also please capitalize. It might be fun and cool looking not to but it looks a whole lot better if you do. Don’t use language in your posts that might be offensive and try not to be mean…no one likes that.
10. Can you give me links to your blog(s)?
Thanks again for letting me interview you, Sierra!
If you’d like to be interviewed, just comment with your email (if you’re email isn’t avaliable to give out just tell me) and I’d be happy to contact you and let you do this interview and be a part of Blogger of the Week!
Just an update–I felt it was better to have my mini-giveaways every 10 followers instead of every 5, just to make it easier and a little more special than just doing it every 5. Hope y’all don’t mind. :)